Holiday Helping Hands
Please note that die to COVID-19 precautions, all visitors to the Seton Center building are required to wear masks. On the day of Toy distribution, visitors must also wear gloves (provided by Seton Center).
Seton Center assists approximately 250 eligible families each year to celebrate the holidays with dignity and joy. We distribute gift cards to local grocery stores (Jubilee, Food Lion, and Weis) to assist families in planning their meals. At Christmas, we also provide a Toy/Teen Gift Card distribution.
To be eligible for the Christmas Toy/Teen Gift Card distribution, families pay a nominal fee of $2 for each child to receive gifts (infant to 12 years of age) or gift cards (teens).
At Easter and Thanksgiving, participants are eligible based on their income alone, with no requirement to contribute toward the food cards or Easter basket items provided.
To complete the process, you will be asked to provide:
- Photo ID
- Proof of income or unemployment (pay stub, letter from employer indicating wages, SSI or SSDI documentation
- Proof of residency (utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement, or letter from landlord/roommate)
- A working phone number and email address
If you have received services from Seton Center in the last 6 months, you must still complete an application, however, you are pre-qualified for this program.
Applicants must reside in our service area at the time of application. Please refer to the following to determine your service area eligibility:
- 17320 Fairfield, PA
- 21719 Cascade
- 21727 Emmitsburg
- 21757 Keymar
- 21773 Wolfsville (not Myersville)
- 21778 Rocky Ridge
- 21780 Sabillasville
- 21783 Smithsburg (Frederick County side)
- 21787 Taneytown (Frederick County side)
- 21788 Thurmont
- 21798 Woodsboro
Key Dates and Deadlines for 2020
- Applications for Thanksgiving and Christmas will be accepted October 5-November 9
- If applying for Christmas gift cards/gifts only, applications must be received NO LATER THAN December 7
- Thanksgiving Gift Card Distribution will take place Friday, November 13 or Monday, November 16 from 10am-3pm by appointment
- Service fee for the Christmas Toy/Teen Gift Card distribution is due NO LATER THAN November 16
- Christmas Toy Distribution will take place Monday, December 14; Tuesday, December 15; or Wednesday, December 16, from 11am-3pm by appointment
- Christmas Gift Card Distribution will take place on Friday, December 11 from 10am-3pm by appointment
Due to existing COVID-19 precautions and in the interest of keeping our community safe and healthy, we ask you to please complete your application online. If you are unable to or have difficulty, please contact Tina at 301.447-6102 x13 for assistance.
Want to become one of our Helping Hands?
We are always in need of gift cards for holiday meals for our families. Please consider donating online today and help us provide hope for the holidays!
Some schools and churches participate in SCRIP, where you can receive gift cards at a discounted rate. We encourage you purchase your gift cards this way to benefit multiple organizations. They may be mailed to us or dropped off. Please note: We can only accept Walmart, Target, Jubilee grocery, Food Lion, and Weis cards in $25 increments!
We also seek donations of new and unwrapped toys for Christmas, as well as Easter baskets at Easter time. For more information, please contact Tina at [email protected] or 301.447.6102 x13.