Holiday Helping Hands
We need your help to make Christmas special for our neighbors!
Seton Center assists approximately 250 eligible families each year to celebrate the holidays with dignity and joy. We distribute gift cards to local grocery stores (Jubilee Foods, Food Lion, and Weis Markets) to assist families in planning their meals. At Christmas, we also provide a Toy/Teen Gift Card distribution.
To be eligible for the Christmas Toy/Teen Gift Card distribution, families pay a nominal fee of $2 for each child to receive gifts (infant to 12 years of age) or gift cards (teens).
At Thanksgiving, participants are eligible based on their income alone, with no requirement to contribute toward the food cards.
To complete the process, you will be asked to provide:
- Photo ID
- Proof of income or unemployment (pay stub, letter from employer indicating wages, SSI or SSDI documentation
- Proof of residency (utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement, or letter from landlord/roommate)
- A working phone number and email address
If you have received services from Seton Center in the last 6 months, you must still complete an application, however, you are pre-qualified for this program.
Applicants must reside in our service area at the time of application. Please refer to the following to determine your service area eligibility:
- 17320 Fairfield, PA
- 21719 Cascade
- 21727 Emmitsburg
- 21757 Keymar
- 21773 Wolfsville (not Myersville)
- 21778 Rocky Ridge
- 21780 Sabillasville
- 21783 Smithsburg (Frederick County side)
- 21787 Taneytown (Frederick County side)
- 21788 Thurmont
- 21798 Woodsboro
Key Dates and Deadlines for 2021
- Applications for Thanksgiving and Christmas will be accepted October 4-November 9
- If applying for Christmas gift cards/gifts only, applications must be received NO LATER THAN December 7
- Thanksgiving Gift Card Distribution will take place Monday, November 15 or Tuesday, November 16 from 10am-3pm by appointment
- Service fee for the Christmas Toy/Teen Gift Card distribution is due NO LATER THAN December 7
- Christmas Gift Cards and Toy Distribution will take place Monday, December 13; Tuesday, December 14; or Wednesday, December 15, from 11am-3pm by appointment
Want to become one of our Helping Hands?
We are always in need of gift cards for holiday meals for our families. Please consider donating online today and help us provide hope for the holidays!
Some schools and churches participate in SCRIP, where you can receive gift cards at a discounted rate. We encourage you purchase your gift cards this way to benefit multiple organizations. They may be mailed to us or dropped off. Please note: We can only accept Walmart, Target, Jubilee Foods, Food Lion, and Weis Markets cards in $25 increments!
We also seek donations of wrapping paper, bows, and new, unwrapped toys for Christmas. For more information, please contact Tina at [email protected] or 301.447.6102 x13.